New Customers Get 10 Free Kodak Prints!

Monday, October 04, 2004

Dear Amester,

We've been away for quite a while so I have to relearn how to use this thing. (I forgot how to post photos). I've got lots to tell you about your Aunt Nancy and her kids (your Australian cousins), Australia, the islands of the South Pacific and sailing , and many other things.

I hope that you had a good summer and that your senior year will be filled with good and happy memories which will always be a source of strength and self-confidence, and something you can revisit and recall fondly. I shouldn't be surprised that you're a senior now, but I am. It was inevitable that you would grow and evolve, and because of your mother's scheming and ugly predisposition to crushing a father's love for his daughter (something she never experienced herself), I was unable to be a part of the changes and the progress in your life.

As much as I wanted your mother to send you to La Jolla when she flew into her most recent rage (the one over email), the more important consideration is that I want your senior year to be a happy experience that you spend with your friends, peers, and associates in an environment which is familiar and comfortable for you. The judicial officials I contacted in Waukegan questioned why a mother would threaten to throw her daughter out of her house for merely sending a few happy, excited email to her father, none of which disclosed any information about the mother or her new husband .
The judge hinted at your mother's unstable nature and I am certain that he would have legally adjudged her to be the unfit parent everyone knows her to be and would have transferred custody if she had carried out her threat to evict you upon completion of the last school year, or upon the attainment of your 18th birthday.

I have only memories of you as you were when we saw each other last. I know that you've changed, grown, and matured (even though your mother and her garden gnome don't think so). As you will see, I've had some input in your new place and now I'm getting daily input from it so I'm able to "virtually" see and hear you every day you're there.

As she herself said" "It's a doggy dog world!". Now the doggies have come home to enjoy the show - "Here's lookin' at you, kid!" (Humphrey Bogart "Casablanca") I've named the new house "Casablanca" in memory of that famous line!

Since your mother told the authorities all kinds of lies about me and even had me placed on a national watch list for people who owned guns (I shot one of those guns at a target only once in more than 30 years). I was asked recently if I knew of anyone with stated or implied intent to threaten or compromise the security of the United States so I told them about Wayne and gave them his name as being the only terrorist I knew of.

When I told them that he travels so frequently, they entered his name and quickly found him in their computer. They got another response from somewhere and then wanted more details about him. I told them every thing I know - I even gave them your mother's name too, so she's probably on the same list. They wanted names of employers and as much other info as I had. I told them that Wayne has several guns, including at least one 32 caliber handgun.

Apparently, they're looking for people like him because he fits the profile of a courier/scout/paymaster for al Qaeda.

Now all of your mother's husband's are on national watch lists, although he's on a better one than me!

I have to go back to Scripps for a new round of treatment of my right eye, which began to bleed into the retina again about three months ago. Since we've been gone for so long, I had to deal with it, noticing that it got slightly worse each day. It's a bother but I still manage to get around La Jolla and a bit of San Diego by using a talking Garmin Street Pilot 2610. I saw on the news last night that the high temp in Chicago will be 51 today - it'll be 74 here! It's almost always 74 here. Except for not having had ANY rain for the last 170 days, I've learned to really love this place!

I've got to leave for my doctor appointment but I'll be communicating with you via this and other means.

With my love,

Bub

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?