New Customers Get 10 Free Kodak Prints!

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

*
**
*

Update on spyware and adware and trojans:

I disabled GhostSurf Pro so that I could access a site I had told it to block. I forgot to re-enable it. Laura read her email, and a pop-up from the LA Times appeared. She closed it, and I re-enabled GhostSurf Pro. Too late!!

When she tried to go to the internet.........Cool Web Search was waiting there as the new home page.

I used PestPatrol and it found that CWS had installed itself in 2 locations on the hard drive. It took a complete, thorough scan to discover both installations. If you're scanning for pests, update your software before you scan and allow it run until it finishes.

PestPatrol has gotten rid of it again, but I re-learned that it only takes a second or two for that junk to sneak back into your computer!

*
**
*



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?