New Customers Get 10 Free Kodak Prints!

Sunday, May 23, 2004

*
**
**

Here's an updated post with new information on:

REG.Startpage.CO trojan
CWS.GoogleMS.3
js.search.cc
about:blank

each of the four items above indicates the presence of trouble in your PC. They are renewed or recycled forms of Cool Web Search, CoolWWW, Zestyfind, and other home page hijackers which never seem to go away. You CAN get rid of them, but be certain that you order the software from SECURE links. Otherwise, you're just downloading more trouble. Only order or download software from the manufacturers. I've placed secure links here to assure that you don't get fooled into downloading viruses or spyware.

I've found and installed a good piece of software which digs out the roots of those pests and quarantines them. It wasn't free but it is very effective. It's called PestPatrol.

I just went to sites which are infested with CWS, CoolWWW, Hitbox, Tribalfusion, LopDotCom, Zestyfind and got re-infected with those pests. I used the PestPatrol in an effort to prove to myself that it really is as good as it seems to be......I've been testing it all of last week. I use a "test" computer" for trying out software on viruses...don't try to get infected unless you have a "garbage computer" you don't care about.

I'm back already. It took me less than 10 minutes to get my junk PC infected with CoolWWW, Cool Web Search, about:blank, HomeOldSp, and virtually all of the current spyware as well as some other bothersome hijacking trojans.

I updated PestPatrol, and it removed the new versions of all of the stuff I just deliberately got my "test" PC infected with. It even found a few traces left behind by other programs.

My ABSOLUTE favorite for removal of spyware, adware, and trojans is PestPatrol, which you can order from the manufacturer by clicking this link.

My ABSOLUTE favorite for PREVENTING future invasions of spyware, adware, and trojans is GhostSurf Pro, which you can order from the manufacturer by clicking the link at the bottom of this page.

My favorite anti-virus software is AVG, which you can get for free from the manufacturer by clicking the appropriate link in the April 21, 2004 post below.

My other favorite anti-spyware, anti-adware program is Ad-aware 6.0 by Lavasoft and is also free. You can get from the manufacturer by clicking on the link in the April 21, 2004 post below.

It's an awful feeling to switch on your PC and see that your choices have been changed by someone with malicious intent. My new hobby is finding ways to stay ahead of these cockroach-like programmers. When I find new programs to combat them, I test them and report the results here.

Be sure to check the April 21, 2004 post for more information on the free programs.






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?