New Customers Get 10 Free Kodak Prints!

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

*
**
*


Dear Amy,

Spring break is upon you, and you are probably cruising, beaching, or worse.....skiing. I know that you have learned to enjoy skiing, but I suspect that it's your mother, not you who really enjoys it. After spending an entire winter in snow and cold, why would anyone want to go to a place that has............MORE SNOW??

Skiing was a big Lake Forest thing. The rich kids went to Colorado and Utah, but your mother had to take a bus to Wilmot because her parents were unable or unwilling to spend the money. It always bothered her that she wasn't a rich kid..... she told me that it made her feel "unworthy", and VERY second class.

I hope that you got to go to a place you enjoy. Maybe she who can't afford insurance can't afford to go anywhere for Spring Break.

Laura and I drove over the mountains to the Borrego Desert again last Sunday. Almost all of the flowers were dead. The temperature rose to 99 - 100 degrees on March 26, and it killed most of the flowers. An infestation of caterpillars killed the rest. When we got there, there were only a few flowers, so we explored a different part of the desert.

I think about you all of the time, and when Laura and I go to the desert, I'm reminded of how sensitive your skin was to the sun in Florida. Once, on Siesta Key, I put the top down on the car and we drove to the supermarket (Publix?). By the time we arrived, your scalp was sunburned!

Here are some photos from our trip last Sunday to the Anza Borrego Desert. I'll add more as soon as I reduce their size.

With my Love,

Your daddy







<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?