New Customers Get 10 Free Kodak Prints!

Thursday, February 05, 2004

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

MORE FAKE VIRUSES!!

After just getting past the jdbe.exe hoax, I just got a dire warning which seemed to be coming from Microsoft, advising me that the RPC DOOM VIRUS had been detected on my computer, and suggesting that I click "OK" to "Disinfect" my computer. (For more on the jdbe.exe hoax, scroll down)

I didn't do that. I will NEVER do that. Instead, I activated the task manager (ctrl + alt + del) and highlighted the "RPC DOOM VIRUS WARNING". Then I clicked "End Task", and the thing went away.

It was just a damned stupid pop-up. (Only an idiot would think that this stupid trick would encourage ANYONE to buy ANYTHING from someone who would use an idiotic ruse like this.)

I had disabled my 12 Ghosts Popup Killer long enough to check my blogstats, and the popup sneaked in.


<>
><



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?