New Customers Get 10 Free Kodak Prints!

Wednesday, February 18, 2004

>
FALSE VIRUS WARNING GOING AROUND - it looks like this:

"URGENT! FIXABLE Virus jdbe.exe - sorry for inconvenience"


If you receive an email about a virus called JDBE, or JDBG - delete the email - DO NOT follow the instructions to search for it so that you can destroy it. Searching for the virus could activate a virus if there is one!! In this case, there is NO virus.

Just delete the email, and tell your friends to do the same.

Microsoft, McAfee, and Symantec (Norton) DO NOT SEND EMAIL "FIXES". They post them on their websites.


*
**
*

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

MORE FAKE VIRUSES!!

After just getting past the jdbe.exe hoax, I just got a dire warning which seemed to be coming from Microsoft, advising me that the RPC DOOM VIRUS had been detected on my computer, and suggesting that I click "OK" to "Disinfect" my computer. (For more on the jdbe.exe hoax, scroll down)

I didn't do that. I will NEVER do that. Instead, I activated the task manager (ctrl + alt + del) and highlighted the "RPC DOOM VIRUS WARNING". Then I clicked "End Task", and the thing went away.

It was just a damned stupid pop-up.

I had disabled my 12 Ghosts Popup Killer long enough to check my blogstats, and the popup sneaked in.

Will the popup people ever figure out that they more annoying than mosquitoes?? Have you ever welcomed mosquitoes? Has anyone ever bought anything from one? Popup people.....take note of the answers to those questions.
*
*
*




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?