New Customers Get 10 Free Kodak Prints!

Tuesday, November 11, 2003

.. Tom Servo: Phillips Petroleum Spokesrobot (click blue hypertext)



Hi Amy!

It's finally "cold"! (Cold, in the Southern California sense of the word.) The temperature is not nearly as low as it is in the Midwest, but the humidity from the ocean pervades everything, making it feel colder than Mundelein ever did.
Thanksgiving is coming, and I have a lot of mixed feelings about that. I remember the fun we used to have at Thanksgiving, and I remember a couple years when I was by myself when there was no sumptuous dinner to be had.............just a ham sandwich. One year, I went to a truck stop on Rte 41 near Rte 137 and ate thanksgiving dinner alone, in the company of several truck drivers who were miles from home, eating truck stop turkey alone also. The irony was that I was just a few miles from my house, but farther from home than all of them.

Scan down the page and see the house. You can actually see that our lawn is greener than the neighbor's!! (Secret: I used to put at least 40lbs of prime bluegrass seed on the lawn every year, and "accidentally" spread it onto our neighbors lawns too, so that it would choke out weeds and cheap rye grass)

I'm still trying to find a way to find you. I will keep writing here until I do. I'll probably keep writing here after I do, because so many nice people have contacted me here.

I love you.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?